View Larger Map

blue pin: visited; yellow pin: transit;

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Day 1: Singapore - Hong Kong

This trip was really unexpected. My parents came to Singapore for a visit and suddenly decided to go for a holiday, and they also wanted me to be their tour guide. So after consulting with hubby, we decided that I will go alone with my parents as Hong Kong isn't a place to bring kids for holiday, except for Disneyland of course.

I was pretty excited to go without the kid, which means that I could shop in peace. ;)  Anyway, after I got the approval, I didn't really have much time to plan and just quickly bought the air tickets and booked the accommodation.

We reached Hong Kong in the evening, so our first day was totally wasted. From HKIA, we took the Airport Express train to Kowloon Station followed by the Airport shuttle to our hotel. I purposely booked a hotel that is part of the shuttle bus route so that we didn't have to drag our luggage for a long walk.

Park Hotel
This hotel is located at the heart of Tsim Sha Tsui. Nearby the hotel, there are lots of shops and restaurants and cheap shopping. More on that later. :D The Tsim Sha Tsui MTR is just about 5 minutes walk.

Lounge area

I booked two rooms: a twin bed

And a double bed

Their hotel room is considered spacious in Hong Kong standard. Compared to my first trip ten years ago, the room I stayed was so small that only one person can walk at the corridor at one time.



Bathroom

After we freshened up a bit, we went to a nearby Hong Kong cafe for dinner.

Guang Dong Barbecue Restaurant 




My Chinese was a bit rusty. It has been awhile that I don't have to read a menu that is entirely in Chinese.

Roasted Goose

Roasted Duck

Roasted Pork


We ordered three sets of roasted meat. It was a big disappointment. The meat was cut in such a big chunk and it was so hard to chew. I think those who are wearing dentures will have a hard time hahaha...

After dinner we just went back and slept. That's all for the day...

No comments: